Monday 17 September 2007

Are you kidding me?!

Seriously? This weekend, after a bout of intense sickness (everyone has an opinion on food poisoning vs. flu - I think it was 24-hour flu) on the Friday/Saturday, my pleasant Sunday drive around the neighborhood was cut short by my clutch giving out. Yep, my car broke down AGAIN - second time in the three weeks since I bought the damn thing. This is ridiculous. And it's costing me a little over $200 to replace the clutch kit - parts + labo(u)r (this time I checked with several people who are in the know, and I don't think I'm getting scammed). Damn you, God of Car Failure! I never asked for this...

2 comments:

Gail said...

Dear Alex, Just had lunch and book group with your mother. It was my book choice and we read West with the Night about a woman growing up in Kenya from 1902-1986 We spoke about you after our discussion and heard that you are doing well. I have just read your blog and think a good book about car repair and parts is in order. Keep up the good work. Mrs. A

Alex said...

I think you're absolutely right - it's time I learned something about car mechanics...